Monday, November 3, 2008

Raisins With Seeds?

I think all raisins should be seedless. I mean, they are not like grapes where you can spit out the seed. They are all dry and shriveled up and it is impossible to know that there is a seed in them.

Well, I bought a pack of raisins at the Disco and I went to use them today and they have seeds. It's a good thing I tried one before I added them to my curry chicken salad. I have another pack of raisins in my refrigerator that I got at Coto that also have seeds, but I thought it was because they were cheap. It does seem to me that I bought raisins here before that didn't have seeds. Am I spoiled or what?

Today was a very laid back day. I went to the gym in the morning, came home and made a yummy chicken salad with some rotisery chicken I got yesterday at the Disco. Then I took a nap. It was another one of those afternoon naps that went on for too long and it was hard to wake up.

I was going to go out for a walk, but decided against it. My feet have been really hurting me lately. Yesterday I took a look on the internet for plantar fascitis because my friend Sonja had it. I had no idea what it was when she had it, but I had a hunch that it could be a reason why my feet, in particular my heels, hurt.

I was right. Plantar facitis causes pain in the heels of the feet. I found some exercises you can do and today at the gym spent a good 30 minutes stretching my feet and legs. I haven't been doing enough stretching. When I was taking a lot of tango classes and lessons, my legs hurt, but lately, since I've been walking a lot, my feet started to hurt, especially my heels.

So, because I wanted to give my feet a rest, and also because I needed to be back in time for the Patito Feo finale, I just hung around here.

Today was the last episode of Patito Feo. It was a big extravaganza and everything worked out. Patitos father regained his memory and got back with his wife Carmen and Patito and her little brother Joaquin. Patito and Antonella made up and Antonella's girl group "Las Divinas" won the school video dance competition and the Las Divinas went on to become famous. But, Patito also got a record deal for herself and the finale of the show was a concert attended by thousands of screaming girls ranging fron 4-10 years old. My demographic.

The show was fun to watch, but I am so glad it is over. There was too much about it that was just ridiculous and maybe 8 year old girls wouldn't question, but I did. I was constantly talking to the TV and saying "what the ...?" , like when Patito and her girlfriends were sitting outside by the pool and they left her and then Patito stood up facing the water and these two evil girls who were hiding behind a bush ran up behind her and she didn't hear them and they pushed her in the water. Well, if that wasn't bad enough, then she drowned! She couldn't swim and never thought to just stand up in the stupid pool which could not have been that deep. Well, the good thing was that when her father, who still could not remember who he was left her house after telling Carmen that he did not love her because he didn't know who she was, he found Patito unconsious in the pool and dragged her out and gave her mouth to mouth. The shock of seeing this was enough to jar his memory and he regained his full memory. Kind of silly, I know, but I was hooked.

In the end, Patito took off her glasses and let out her braided hair and was a beautiful young woman (who became a pop star). The moral was that beauty is judged not by what is outside but by what is in your heart.

Speaking of heart. I watched CNN tonight (it is like a junk food addiction I have) and they showed a clip of Obama giving a speech somewhere after getting the news that his grandmother had died. I know she was like a mother to him. As he was giving his usual stump speech about wanting to unite America and get beyond the politics of division, I could see tears rolling down his cheek. It was very moving.

I've been really impressed by Obama's heart in this campaign. He was a really tough campaigner, but he never stooped to the level of Hillary in the primaries or McCain in the general election. He never slung mud, made personal attacks or told lies like the other guys did. He kept what he said focused on the issues and always tried to rise above the name-calling. I am hoping that tomorrow's ending will be as happy as Patito Feo. And then I hope President-Elect Obama can go and mourn in peace.

No comments: