Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Buzios


I am in Buzios, Brazil until Sunday. It is nice to be away from the heat and rain in Buenos Aires. When we left it was pouring and it was supposed to rain for several days. Buzios is a bit of paradise, but I am surprised at how developed it is. There are many houses dotting the hillsides, and there are many hills. It is quite picturesque, with lots of rolling hills and coves that form little beaches. We are lucky to be in a hotel on a cliff between two nice beaches, one of them seems to be like our own private beach.

The downside to Buzios is that it is ridiculously expensive! We went out for Thai food last night since it is so hard to find Thai food in Buenos Aires. I couldn´t believe the prices! We ended up paying over 80 dollars for one small soup, a salad and one main dish! I guess I will wait to go to Thailand where I could eat for a week with what I paid last night.

Today is overcast and might rain again. I am not sure what is on our agenda, but I want to eat some good, typical Brazilian food.

Hernan is waiting for me and I am paying for internet service, so that is all for now.

Tchau!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Show us some photos of Buzios please...and have a great time ! See you soon.