Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Massage I Needed

I just came back from the spa and I feel incredible. I booked a simple massage and steam which costs 120 pesos. At the current exchange rate of about 3.46 pesos to the dollar (more or less) that cost me about $35 USD. I could have booked 10 massages for what I paid to have my aura cleansed last week at the Faena Hotel and Universe!

Today I had a new guy who looked like he might have been either Brazilian or maybe Colombian or Venezuelan. He didn't look Argentine because he was black. Argentina conveniently disposed of all remnants of Africans in their populace sometime last century. Rumor has it that they were sent off to fight in a war against Paraguay, but that doesn't explain what happened to the women and children. I suspect a little hidden genocide there that is not being talked about.

Anyway, this guy, who never introduced himself (I later found out his name was Leiban or something like that) gave me the massage I needed. He asked if I liked it strong and I said yes. He beat the shit out of me!

I know some people do not like strong massages. They like the feeling of smooth hands gliding over their skin, just tickling the surface. Nothing drives me crazier than that. I hate massages that seem like they are going to get deep and do not. With Leiban, this was not a problem. He used his elbows and dug into my muscles, he beat me, slapped me, and practically laid on top of me. I was breathing heavily, moaning, panting, clutching the sides of the table, scrunching my face in pain - - - it was wonderful! Leiban succeeded where the pranic healer last week didn't. He not only cleared the angustia from my aura, he got it out from under my skin. I was tired, depressed and achy when I went in for my treatment. I felt like I had been resurrected when I walked out.

It was so good I scheduled another massage with him next Wednesday, and the following Monday. He is only there Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and I wanted to get as many sessions in with him as I could. I'm sure Diane will go with me and get her own treatments. I'm pretty sure she won't mind that I booked Leiban for myself and left her to get whoever else is available. I doubt that she wants to be beaten up on the massage table.

I'm now having a cuba libre (rum and coke). I bought a bottle of rum at the Disco last week as an impulse. I had mint and limes and thought I'd make mojitos. I made some the other day when Hernan came to visit, but they are quite messy. Rum and coke is simpler and cleaner (you don't have mint all over the place when you are done).

An update from yesterday on the book I bought. Turns out Cumbio is a girl. Her name was Agustina or something like that, and she changed it to Cumbio when she became a flogger. It was an act of gender-defiance. Her pictures did look a little fem, but that is not unusual for boy floggers. I love the book! It is very sweet, and makes me laugh. So far I've read only about how she got started flogging. I will search for her flog and post a link if I find it.

3 more days until Diane arrives and a little over a week until I go back to SF. Now that I've had my angustia removed, I hope I can enjoy this remaining time here, in spite of the scorching temperatures!

No comments: