Friday, July 6, 2007

Ah Friends!


I remember when I went through culture shock in Japan. Al Gore had not yet invented the internet, and I had to rely on people writing letters! I anxiously awaited letters from people that didn't really come.

It was so lovely that this morning I posted about entering into a more difficult phase of culture shock, and when I got home from school today, I had e-mails from four friends! I had a good day, and it looks like I'm going to have a good night, and those e-mails just made the whole thing so much better. Thank you to those who wrote, and to those who haven't, I love hearing from you!

One funny thing is happening with this blogging. People are writing to me and telling me in vivid detail the things they are doing, or if they relate to something in my adventures that reminds them of something they've done, they tell me about that and include all of the details. I love that! So, if anyone is thinking that they'd like to write me and tell me about what seem like otherwise mundane details compared to this "exotic" life I'm living, now is the best time to do that, because it makes me so happy to hear about things like taking the dog for a walk, going to a museum or clipping your toenails!

I had a good day today but don't have time to write about it because I have a date with Hernan tonight. I'm actually excited about this, which is kind of worrisome because I know in a few weeks, I'm going to have to say good-bye to him, possibly forever.

But, this vacation is about living in the present, and doing things because they are fun. So, tonight we're going to have a nice dinner and I am going to enjoy listening to him speak his brand of English that sounds like he's speaking with an Italian accent that I just love. Maybe we'll speak some Spanish too.

Today's photo: out of the window of our little classroom.

1 comment:

TJ Colbert said...

Nice blog, Mr. Lick! Good vicarious fun for those of us with crap bags that are all dressed up with no place to go.