Thursday, August 21, 2008

Glams, Chetos and Flogers

I went to You Tube to see if I could find some cumbia that Mario recommended. There is a group called Damas Gratis, and I did find some of their videos. But from there, the recommended videos led me to a whole bunch of videos with chetos, negros and two other groups I didn't know about - flogers and glams. Some of the videos were disturbing. In one, the guy encouraged people to go out and kill chetos. I'm sure he was joking, but it was kind of disturbing. In others there were kids, some chetos, some negros, fighting each other. This particular video is kind of funny (I think, since I can't understand the whole thing), and slightly informative. The guy gives different examples of chetos, glams and flogers. From my understanding, glams are kind of like glam rockers - I've seen lots of them but didn't know they had a name (shags, funky hair, tight pants, etc.), and flogers are people who spend hours on social networking sites like my space (it comes from fotologgers), but here there are different sites. Oy, it is so complicated here.

No comments: