Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm a Medical Fugitive

Today I went to the gym for my 10:00 medical consultation. I scanned my card and went through the turnstile and up to the 4th floor men's locker room, and knocked on the door of the medical office. No one answered. I stood there for a few minutes and got changed and went to work out.

As I was standing in front of the door I saw that there was a dress code. I didn't understand all of it, but based on what I saw the other day, I assumed I should to in swimming trucks and what I did understand was that I should wear flip flops. I didn't bring my flip flops with me to the gym, so I was not dressed properly.

As I was working out I was wearing my headphones and listening to my mp3 player. I imagined announcements - "senor Kappra please report to reception" or something like that.

After I finished my workout, I went back up to the 4th floor. I saw the doctor (who was quite handsome by the way - another of those Gray's Anatomy types), sitting in the waiting area talking to someone. As I was changing he went into his office and left the door open. I could have gone and knocked on his door and said that I had a 10:00 appointment but nobody was there when I arrived, but I decided to just skip the whole thing. I know my blood pressure and heart rate and all of my vital signs are quite good because I just had a check-up. I also was afraid he would scold me for not keeping our appointment.

As I was leaving, I saw him sitting back in the waiting area drinking an espresso. Now I wonder if I will be in trouble when I return tomorrow, and how long I can go and evade the medical consultation.

No comments: