Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Spring...plus one



I missed the first day of spring. It was yesterday. Apparently, it was a beautiful day, but I was too busy trying to stop my world from spinning out of control.

Today, Gonzalo came by and put some new seeds in my ear. It is a very interesting procedure and I think it is cool that this guy has this little backpack and travels around the city diagnosing people's energy through their ears.

He first uses this little machine where he puts a needle type thing on the points in my ear. The machine beeps. I'm not sure what that is about. Then he does the same thing but this time turns on the juice. I tell him when I feel the pulsing. Today he didn't stop when I told him I felt it, and it got a little painful at times. I was prepared to divulge names of terrorist cells in San Francisco (even though I don't know any). Nah, it wasn't that bad, but it did make me tear up a little.

Then he applies the seeds. Today he put them on my right ear and he only did points inside the actual ear. Last week, he did some points on the lobe too, and they were a bit more obvious.

Amazingly, after the treatment, I felt balanced again.

I was debating on whether or not to go to the 12:30 tango class and I prepared a ligth lunch and sat down and watched a bit of CNN. Before I knew it, I was knocked out on the sofa. I decided that rather than go to class, I would continue to rest today, since it seemed like I really needed it.

I moved to my bed and took a very deep, reinvigorating nap and then went to change some money.

On the way, I suddenly got very hungry and stopped for a choripan.

Choripan is a grilled chorizo on bread. It's a very simple snack and my idea of what it is is always better than what it actually turns out to be. But anyway, it was a nice little snack. From there I went to change money and since it was a beautiful spring day and I didn't have any ice cream all last week, I went to Volta for an ice cream.

It was really gorgeous. The sun had moved to an angle where it was shedding light directly down the street. Volta had their front doors completely open and had tables outside. I sat outside and was not terribly bothered by the exhaust fumes or the smoke from the old guy sitting next to me. The ice cream was really yummy, especially the mint chocolate chip which was totally creamy and smooth (except for the chips).

I'm feeling 100% better now. I think the cold has pretty much cleared up and my ear is much calmer now. It is still ringing slightly, but doesn't feel full and I can walk without feeling like I'm going to topple over.

Tomorrow I have an appoinement to see a chiropractor. I've been having a stiff neck this past week too, on top of everything else. But, I read on one of the meniere's blogs that chiropractors can sometimes help. Also my friend Gabriella, told me her intuition suggested a certain type of chiropractor. I can't get that specific here. It's hard enough just for me to find a chiropractor and make an appointment. After a bit of a struggle and finally sending an e-mail, I managed to make an appointment. I was having a bit of a language barrier.

I was thinking about this whole bit I was going to write about things being reversed here, first day of spring being in September, water going the opposite way down the drain and all of that, but it's not that funny. But here it is September 22 and the second day of spring. I learned from Tardes de Accion that yesterday was a big day for students in the park. Apparently guys give girls flowers and ask them for a kiss. Kissing is big here. I like the Argentine kiss. It's not a huge smack on the lips or even a huge smack on the cheek, but rather a gentle touching, cheek to cheek with sometimes some lip action, but not always.

But these kisses I saw on TV were nothing like that. Guys and girls were kissing each other mouth to mouth like they were digging for clams. It was kind of disgusting. And apparently, these were strangers they were kissing. I'm sorry I didn't know about this sooner or I would have gone to the park to observe in person. Well, it's best that I didn't. In the state I was in yesterday it might have induced vomiting.

No comments: